Friday, October 24, 2008
Just another Chapter in the Book of Life!
Don't go picking your outfit to wear to my funeral just quite yet. I went to Huntsman today and honestly I am gonna get put to sleep next time I go because NOBODY should have to suffer the torture of the testing they did while I was awake and the valium had already worn off cause they were late seeing me! I honestly hope to high heaven that I get put to sleep or have something that makes me forget the whole thing ever happened next time! An hour worth of exams that just are not normal! But anyways, they didn't find anything that needed to be taken care of immediately. However, I do have to get colonoscopies every 6 months until they catch the cancer cells doing something funky like growing polyps or turning things different colors than the normal pink of your rectal/colon area. I have what is called low grade neuroendocrine tumor/cancer cells that are very slow growing and will eventually manifest themselves into full blown cancer, it could happen next year or when I am seventy. But the fact remains, it will never go away and I will have to deal with it more aggressively when we get to that point. But for now I would rather have a colonoscopy any day after what I went through today! But the doc was really great and Huntsman seems to be a really nice place and hopefully none of you will ever have to go there! So thank you for your love and prayers which I truly felt this week. I love you all and I am now going to do something fun since I ain't dropping dead yet or getting my head shaved for chemo! Don't know what I will do yet, but when I do I will let you know! And by the way Chris I am so glad I could make yours and Larisa's day today! Thanks for the laughs you stinker! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kristin! We had no idea. I am so sorry, but you seem to have a good outlook and attitude. Please let us know if there is anything you want us to do. We will keep you in our prayers for sure. Keep us updated.
Post a Comment