Saturday, May 2, 2009

What a crazy week







For five days I have been sitting in various cars traveling the state of Utah for work or pleasure or both. Wednesday the 22nd of April was a trip to Vernal to work at the hospitals in Roosevelt and Vernal. The drive is incredibly boring! We were given a mini van for two people! I seriously (no offense to anyone) felt like a "mormon mom" all I needed was a few car seats in the back! It was a really nice van but a little too big for us!
Friday and Saturday was the single ward's first campout at Zarahemla. It snowed and rained the entire time. It was so dang cold that the elders got in the cars and drove up and down the campsite with the heaters on cause they had to sleep in the cabins on one side of the camp sight and the girls slept in the lodge. Some of us were wise (maybe?) to sleep in our cars because the 18-21 year old girls kept the rest of the group up ALL NIGHT long laughing and screaming. I heard there were also some freight train snorers in the group as well. I have been recovering from pneumonia so I slept in my car. I did get some sleep but it was quite cold even with a sleeping bag and two blankets and a coat on.





No comments: