
So, as y'all know or pretend to know or care to know.....I have decided to become a hearing impaired advocate for the hearing impaired. Makes sense right? All of sudden I have this immense desire to learn all I can about what is out there for hearing impaired individuals such as myself. It's been a huge eye opener and just masses of information. I may have the opportunity to go to Milwaukee in June of next year for the Hearing Impaired of America Convention. That is if I can find a job and start saving money for it because it will be a grand total of like 600 dollars (I think) that's for the convention and airfare (they offer discounts to hearing impaired people on a certain airline) and then I would have to find a hotel...so maybe a thousand dollars at most. But it would be one of those once in a lifetime opportunities.
Another goal I have is to learn ASL (American Sign Language). The classes start in January in Salt Lake. I am very excited to learn because apparently, it will be a huge benefit to me in many ways including swearing at people in sign! :) Just kidding!!!! (maybe). But that's my thoughts for the week.
3 comments:
Good for you!!!
Way to go, Kristen! This seems like a wonderful thing for you to do! You'll be great. I took some ASL in college, so no swearing at me--I'll know exactly what you're doing!!
oh.....dang!!!!!
Post a Comment