
ODE to HELGA
the sound of carpet under my feet
the annoying sound of gunning cars
the tweeting of the birds and crickets
the wind whistling through the microphone
the sound of rain as it hits the grass, leafs and pavement
the sound of echoing thunder
the sound of screaming children
oh how I shall miss it, well some of it at least
you collected the wax so faithfully over the many years and tried to kill the system many times that way
you stayed strong through out all the times I dropped you
you didn't make a sound as the cat held you in her mouth
you made my ear soaking wet with sweat when I would fall asleep with you still snuggled in my ear
you made yourself known when the snow tube knocked you out of my ear on a cold icy day and we found you way down the hill because you were screeching to be found
your feedback shall be missed every time I bend over or move my head
the times you decided to pick up the Spanish channel frequency...well you know how I felt about that
the popping sound you would make as you drained the battery in the most in-opportunate times and left me in conversations with that deer in the head light look because I knew I would say something stupid because you failed to let me hear the question
we sure had fun camping and hiking....I would leave you in my shoe or under the sleeping bag just in case I needed your comfort in the middle of the dark nights so I could hear because it was too dark to see
you were there for me through thick and thin and especially during times when I tried to ignore you, but you wouldn't leave
you clung to my ear because you knew I needed to hear what was said, the things that would mean the most to me and the things I didn't want to hear, but did.
Helga, there is so much more I could say, but won’t because then it hurts all over again. I bid thee a fond (I think) farewell.
2 comments:
Oh Tin Tin, that was so heart wrenching. I am wiping away the tears as I type. You sure have a way with words. I will miss Helga also. I can't wait to meet her sister "Hilda" though!
As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is in fact the ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 42 lbs less than us.
(By the way, it has totally NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and absolutely EVERYTHING to around "how" they eat.)
P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...
Click on this link to see if this brief quiz can help you release your real weight loss potential
Post a Comment